Sunday, August 23, 2009

Oh dear!

Please note that VSO is in no way connected with or responsible for the content, comments and observations in this blog: these are solely my own in a personal capacity.

Hmmm .... maybe Alfred did have a point after all (about my tardiness in doing updates, not the other rubbish he ahs been on about). Eighteen days since the last post and the magnitude of the task facing me in updating continues to daunt me. Basically, my mother arrived on August 4th and we have been exploring Rwanda and Uganda since then. I truned fifty on August, had a nice dinner on my real birthday in Butare, then went off to Uganda for six days safari and returned to Kigali for my 'official' birthday party on Saturday 22nd (yesterday) which was really great - 45 people turned up at Handee's restaurant and we had a great time.

So that is it in a tiny nutshell, concise and to-the-point enough to satisfy even Alfred (Alfred: You'd think so, wouldn't you! Just wait, my turn will come .......). Specific details will follow at some stage along with some photos from Kibuye, Uganda and elsewhere.

No comments: