Saturday, September 5, 2009

Uganda (and other) Photos

Please note that VSO is in no way connected with or responsible for the content, comments and observations in this blog: these are solely my own in a personal capacity.

OK - the actual blog update will have to wait but here are a load of pictures from Uganda (except for the picture of my real birthday party in Butare on August 13th - pics of official birthday party in Kigali to come).



Birthday dinner at Hotel Faucon, Butare on August 13th: me, Jane Keenan, Mammy, Enock, Jean de la Croix, Andy, Francois (my boss) and Charlotte (his wife)











Sausage Tree - elephants love to eat these things because they get high on them!

















I was going to caption the right-hand picture 'Male Baboon' but it is pretty damn obvious .....













The two lionesses had eaten so much they had to lie on their backs as their bellies were so distended!!







This guy was actually photographed in Kibuye, Western Rwanda












































1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Its a hippo's life, definitely... dont they look so content with themselves. Think I'll come back as one of them one day!!