Sunday, July 4, 2010

Progress Report

Three days into being back in Ireland and I thought to myself: 'This reintegration business is a piece of cake'. It is now six days and ... well, this is not going to be as simple as I thought it would be. Some things are good, some are not so good. I'm keeping a list which I will share with you in the near future. But here I am back in my house which has about thirty times more stuff in it than my house in Rwanda and it took me an hour to decide what to have for dinner tonight. I head to France next Wednesday for nine days - maybe that will give me time to get my head straight. (Alfred: That could have been a bit more upbeat - no mention of Guinness, free range chicken, driving a car again, hot showers ..... and I love the Greta Garbo tenor of the 'I need to be alone ... in France'. Anyway, you guys have been patient enough - I'll squeeze something out of him tomorrow.)

No comments: