Friday, August 22, 2014

Hiatus over!!

Oh dear. Given how often I have had to apologise in the past for the breaks in service, I am running out of ideas for new excuses. Suffice to say that today, the day we returned from our holiday in France/Ireland, will mark a new beginning in blog commitment – because, if I don’t, Alfred and my Aunt Máirín will gang up on me and exact a terrible revenge (Alfred: Yeah, that’s about it in a nutshell.).


And this is only some of the family (Alfred: Ruairi was off
buying bread in Lidl when this was taken!)
In the days (Alfred: 'days'? Don't be coy. It has been exactly ninety days - NINETY DAYS) since my last entry a lot has happened, some of it vaguely interesting but much of it not. Chiefly, Martine and I went back to Ireland (and also France in her case) for about three weeks. Alfred minded Obélix and the house, ably assisted by our friend Michael Headen (Alfred: And I too have stories to tell!). My mother threw the best birthday party of all time, lasting four days and with something in the region of 160 people. And I managed to wreck my knee and spent most of the holiday with my leg up on a cushion waiting for it to heal (Alfred: And a fine relaxing time you had too!!). 

So, it's off to bed and recharge the batteries and tomorrow, we shall start to catch up!!  Film and book reviews, the saga of the cat in the attic, waterboarding Lao-style, fruit updates, some bad jokes (Alfred: The History Channel +1 - where History repeats itself) and much, much more!!

No comments: