Saturday, August 30, 2008

Slight change of plans!

Marion in Rwanda tells me that it is actually very difficult to buy any decent clothes in Kigali, so I hit the Dundrum Shopping Centre yesterday to kit myself out. Cotton/Linen blend, my sister Máirín says, is the best for a hot climate where you can't iron: hang it up right and it will dry wrinkle-free. So - a few shirts, a jacket (that's linen and dry-clean only, but again wash carefully in COLD water and hang and it'll be fine) and loads of socks!

Spent a chunk of Thursday in Dublin Airport talking to the British Midlands person on the desk about an increased weight allowance. She was really helpful and spent ages arguing with Head Office on the phone and was finally able to get the three of us an increase from 23kg to 33kg. I'll probably still be overweight (€10.50 per kg surcharge!) but it's still cheaper than ending up with stuff I might need in Rwanda!

If you would like to contribute to my fundraising for VSO, please visit my site at www.mycharity.ie/event/ruairi and a huge 'Thank You' to all those who have already contributed!!

No comments: