Monday, May 3, 2010

Momentum flagging
















It has been over two weeks since the last update - apologies. I don't know whether it is the fact that I am leaving soon, or the sequence of genocide memorial ceremonies I have been attending or the fact that work has come to a grinding halt (largely due to the previous factor) or ..... anyway, that's just the way it is! There have been a lot of interesting things happening (as Alfred mentioned in the last entry) and I will get around to them, I promise! One of the best was this amazing party my friend John Harris threw in his house in Gikongoro, so here are a few pictures of the event just to fill up some space!!!










Today at work I realised I have exactly six weeks left until my last day in the District Office. Unbelievable. Where have the last 20 months gone?










(Alfred: yadda, yadda, yadda. Meanwhile, to add to the list of catching up - great party in Gikongoro, three more genocide memorial ceremonies, visit to Cyangugu, watching Chelsea beat Liverpool (bloody Steven Gerrard!!), absent friends, volcanos, Nick Clegg (who is amazingly with Rwandans!), insane bus journeys, feeling lovesick,

No comments: