Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 647 in Rwanda - eleven days left

As Carol Bayer Sager once said (more tunefully than I could) 'You're moving out today.' Just finished packing and, while I will be back here on Monday night, it'll be more as a guest than a resident. I moved into this house 568 days ago and have beeen very happy here but, wow, I do seem to have accumulated a lot of stuff!!! Anyway, one way or the other, it is all packed in suitcases, boxes, rucksacks and backpacks and I am splashing out and taking a taxi from my house to Kigali as I just cannot bear the thought of lugging all this stuff onto and off buses (but a big 'Thank You' to Christine Mack for offering to help!!). All that remains here is to unplug and turn off the laptop and wait for the taxi driver. Mind you, there's a lot of work still to be done in the last eleven days!!! Will keep you posted!

No comments: