Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Update from Nairobi (well, pictures mostly)

Please note that VSO is in no way responsible for the information and/or comments in this blog. These are purely my own in a personal capacity.

I am now in Nairobi and heading for an MRI on my knee tomorrow (Wednesday). For those who didn’t know, it hasn’t healed up since the accident in April – I still get pain in the shin at night sometimes when I am lying flat but mostly it is pain within the knee when I bend it for any length of time (or even no time at all). Possibly a cartilage problem but the MRI will tell me, I hope. Also hope to catch the Star Trek film while I am here. Hopefully, I won’t need surgery or, if I do, won’t be laid up for too long (Alfred: though he is a bit tickled by the idea of lying in a hospital bed or hotel while recuperating, watching the Ashes, and sending Andy and Thom regular texts to remind them of what they are missing! Be worth having surgery just for the sheer sadistic pleasure ……)


I will do a full update once I know what is happening. Meanwhile, two sets of photos – the first from Alain and Berthe’s farewell dinner at Sole Luna on Friday 26th, the second from Tiga’s (?farewell) barbeque in Butare the following night. Most of the pictures are self-explanatory, apologies for some dust on the lens in some of the party shots.

DINNER AT SOLE LUNA - GOODBYE TO ALAIN AND BERTHE


















Sarah Challoner


















Christina and Berthe




















Dinner at Sole Luna







Me and Berthe
Joe and Alain

















Alain
Tina Hewing

Berthe and Paula



















Marion and Sandra



BARBEQUE AT TIGA'S IN BUTARE (captions are superfluous!)






















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































No comments: