Sunday, October 12, 2008

Friday 10th October: Day Thirty-Four in Rwanda

Please note that VSO is in no way connected with or responsible for the content, comments and observations in this blog: these are solely my own in a personal capacity.

I am writing this Sunday and I can’t remember most of Friday! Did anything interesting happen? Well, the meeting between the Country Director Mike Silvey and our programme manager Charlotte Phillips with the mayor did take place, and the Executive Secretary of the District also came along to stress how committed they were to the placement. They claim to have located a house in the district near the office (you will understand Tina and I are a bit sceptical at this stage) and Enias from VSO is coming down Monday to check it out. I said that we would like to come along and check it out too (would have that that was bloody obvious actually but the suggestion seemed to come as a surprise!) so I hope that will happen as planned. I would actually prefer to stay here and commute out but hey, we’ll wait and see.

Tina and I went to the Faucon and had a lot of beers (well, four but they are 65cl bottles) and some so-so food (I had rabbit which was OK but not exactly plentiful) and then to bed. Off to Gitarama tomorrow for Soraya’s birthday party, chance to meet loads of nice new people!!

Thank you very much to all those who have supported my ongoing fundraising effort. I will be continuing my fundraising for VSO for a few more months so, if you would like to contribute, please go to www.mycharity.ie/event/ruairi.

No comments: