Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sunday 28th September: Day Twenty-Two in Rwanda

Please note that VSO is in no way connected with or responsible for the content, comments and observations in this blog: these are solely my own in a personal capacity.

Met Jane for breakfast and a long chat about VSO and other matters, then headed to the Internet cafe to update my antivirus program (vital here). I got chatting to the owner (Musulman) and mentioned our housing problem to him – he said he would ask around and see if he could locate anything for us.

Andy came down from Gikongoro around two so we met up for a few drinks and watched some pretty woeful football (Portsmouth – Spurs and then some South African league stuff). Tina turned up briefly having arrived back from the birthday party in Kigali (which she ended up not attending) and was calling out to Gisagara to colect some clothes as she is off to Kigeme Monday to do some work with Amy. Andy headed off, we went back to the hotel, dinner, a little French and Kinyarwandan work and then bed. Tomorrow I need to write my speech for the meeting on Tuesday – at least that makes me feel I have something to do!!

Thank you very much to all those who have supported my ongoing fundraising effort. I will be continuing my fundraising for VSO for a few more months so, if you would like to contribute, please go to www.mycharity.ie/event/ruairi.

No comments: